• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

They're back! Glaslyn Ospreys return early again: Osprey Pair Return to Glaslyn for (1 Viewer)

BF Newsroom

There was great excitement in the Glaslyn valley this morning (March 20th) when the female Osprey returned once again to her nest site near Pont Croesor, Porthmadog. The male Osprey, and her partner for the last 9 years, was already waiting there for her - he'd arrived two days earlier.

Read More...

I think the RSPB editor for these news releases should go back to school for spelling lessons!

D

Great news. If anyone is in the area and travelling on the Welsh Highland Railway from Portmadoc to Beddgelert you can see (and possibly photograph the nesting site with a long lens) from the train just after crossing the river at Pont Croesor). It's on the west side of the line. With any luck you may see the birds as well.

LOL Keith, I know what you mean, but I forgive forum members as so many don't have English as their first language.

The RSPB news editor does not have that excuse and it's unforgivable for he/she not to know the difference between "their" and " they're".

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith
Some examples of spelling on forums these days are appalling, and I only had a secondary school education

I sound like a self-rightious prat there, sorry.

Thats a classic!

LOL Keith, I know what you mean, but I forgive forum members as so many don't have English as their first language.

The RSPB news editor does not have that excuse and it's unforgivable for he/she not to know the difference between "their" and " they're".

D

What a glaring error! Makes you wonder how many people read that headline and accepted it before it went to print! Twerps!

S

They seem to have read this thread LOL. The headline has now been corrected.

Now, perhaps I can concentrate enough to read the actual article - errors like that always distract me.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back