• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Simon King made OBE (1 Viewer)

Congratulations Simon and well deserved.Perhaps its a pity he wasnt a Politician,as he would be trusted and would do a lot of good for the enviromental issues in our country. :t:

Well done simon!

As a member of the gumpy old mans club, for once I can only say that is a good decision! Simon's a good front man for uk wildlife and film making. Anna (mooskibaby) from Derbyshire (the next Kate Humble!) is a big fan and will be very pleased! Might be good for the sales of Zeiss fl 8x32's.

WELL DONE SIMON!!!:cat::cat:

I'm not exactly Simon King's greatest admirer, but I suppose he deserves it as much as most of the recipients of these baubles.

Thanks Kathy.I did not hear this mentioned on the news etc,typical,mentioned sports people etc,but nothing to do with wildlife.Well done for Simon.

Good to see someone involved in wildlife getting an award rather than just sport people and vacuous celebs. I'm not a 'huge' fan of watching Simon King presenting (nothing against him, his style is just not 'quite' my cup of tea) but he really does know his stuff and is an excellent cameraman. :t:

Another person from the conservation world has been recognised this year. Graham Wynne has been awarded a Knighthood. Has been the RSPB's Cheif exec for 11 years i think and from what i can see has done a good job.

Also congrates to Simon aswell, well deserved!!!

Echo previous sentiments. I saw Graham Wynne's award (well deserved) but somehow missed Simon's. Jolly good show - and as a cameraman/presenter, a man for whom the alternative version (Other B*****s Efforts) totally and obviously incorrect!

John

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back