• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (15 Viewers)

Superb work, Arthur. The sketches in particular garbbed my attention. A species I've not yet had the pleasure of sketching, but I'm sure this autumn/winter will provide the opportunity. They must be a treat to draw, with that crest and simple plumage pattern.

Russ

Your paintings are always delicate and beautiful and I can think of few birds more suited to that than waxwings. This latest is already shaping up to be a top class piece of art.

Mike

PS. When you're finished admiring the waxwings in your garden could you have a quiet word with them and let them know that there are some cotoneaster berries in mine?

Love that first waxwing pic in post 1836 Arthur....:t:

ps...i haven't seen waxwing yet this winter....hopefully it won't be too long...!

Been sidetracked so not much more done
they are a pleasure to Sketch Russ. back end looks like a whale as it reaches down for beeries.
Fleeting visitors Mike very skittish.

Attachments

• L1230699.jpg
    L1230699.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 46
This is really taking shape very nicely - great packed composition - just as they are as they take a breather from gorging and sizing up the next bush to strip. Cracking!

Ta All.
prob. last post of this till its finished as you must be getting fed up with it in bit parts
Nice photo Phil but he could have composed it better.

Attachments

• L1230715.jpg
    L1230715.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 67
Your paintings are always delicate and beautiful and I can think of few birds more suited to that than waxwings. This latest is already shaping up to be a top class piece of art.

Mike

PS. When you're finished admiring the waxwings in your garden could you have a quiet word with them and let them know that there are some cotoneaster berries in mine?

Have to agree with Mike about a perfect blending of artist, subject and style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back