• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lake Manyara NP Tanzania January 2020 -2 (1 Viewer)

Tree more birds to confirm ID .

1. Flying very high , have doubts between Abdim,s wish is quite frequent in the area and Black stroke as the beak seams a bit bigger for the first.
2.I Guess a baglafecht reichenowy male
3. Jameson Firefinch

Attachments

• black or abdim,s (TZ)_.jpg
    black or abdim,s (TZ)_.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Ploceus baglafecht reichenow-Weaver, Baglafecht (Reichenow's)i  (TZ)_.jpg
    Ploceus baglafecht reichenow-Weaver, Baglafecht (Reichenow's)i (TZ)_.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Jameson firefinch  (TZ)_.jpg
    Jameson firefinch (TZ)_.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 24
Extent of white underwings says this is Black Stork.

The Weaver is Black-necked.

Firefinch seems to have a pale undertail which should rule out Jameson's in favour of Red-billed?

Last edited:
Extent of white underwings says this is Black Stork.

The Weaver is Black-necked.

Firefinch seems to have a pale undertail which should rule out Jameson's in favour of Red-billed?

Thanks Andy ,

Clear and agree.

The weaver i,ve to say i overlook my guide should have not miss it , but goods news a lifer for me.

Cheers
Rogerio

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back