• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why are my data files in .TIF format (1 Viewer)

GMS

I took some images today with my old Nikon 4500. When I got home I plugged the camera into the PC and tried to download the pics only to find that there were 4 data files (jpeg) on the card. I looked at the pics on camera and could see about 30 pics, all of them them in the .tif format (apart from the 4 jpegs mentioned before). Don't know what happened there but how can I download these images if they are not recognised by the PC ?

Also can I convert .tif into .jpeg ?

Thanks Derry. I usually just plug the camera into the PC. The camera then pops up as a drive and I can copy the files over. The weird thing here is that only the jpegs will be recognised that way. The Tifs I only can see if I watch the files on the back of the camera.

Managed to download them now via my multi-media viewer. Still don't know how i managed to switch format but never mind.

some of the PCs software will only handle the jpeg format,, for the raw and Tiff format as new cameras come out they normally new new software additions to handle the cameras format,, seems it is never ending,,

good that ya got it working,,

Derry

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back