• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Way out West: the great American road trip (1 Viewer)

Andrew, thank you for sharing your trip with us. It has been a great read and I enjoyed "sharing" the trip with you.

A lot of work has been put into your road trip account and I enjoyed every bit of it. Pity you missed out on Going to the Sun road, that is something special (I was scared stiff the first time we drove up there). Many of the places you visited have been on our itineraries during the twenty-plus years we have been planning our own trips around USA and Canada and brought back lots of wonderful memories for me. We went to Beaver Lake and I know the very Osprey nest you mention in your account.
It is only in recent years that I have been interested in birds and taking photos of wildlife, so I probably missed a lot. We usually went in September. Some wildlife photos from our last two trips are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66339356@N00/sets/72157622363445749/
Thank you very, very much for taking the time to share your wonderful trip with everyone.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I think I must have enjoyed writing this because I usually don't manage to finish trip reports! Some nice photos Pam - you'll have to do a report after your next trip ;).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back