• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help (1 Viewer)

birdthing

can anyone tell me what this is its not a good photo as i had no time to get a good photo

Attachments

• _DSC4444-Recovered.jpg
    _DSC4444-Recovered.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 162
It would be a very odd Red-tail that had a patagial line on the left wing but not the right. I think it is just shadow on the left.

We get very pale Common Buzzards fairly often but they don't usually come with a red tail as well

A

It's really interesting reading what you guys have said and even though I'm a newbie I have a couple of thoughts and observations that I'd like to add to the discussion.

Collage 1 shows Red Tails gained from Google and from what I can see in birdthing's original photo is that the 'bird' seems to have a more deeper shading to the back of the wings whereas the Red Tails seem to have a more definite bar.

On collage 2 looking at the front of the wings there are 2 photos that I took of a Common Buzzard and in the first shot you could say that there's a bar on the front of the left wing, but if you look at a different angle of the same bird then it's simply not there.

And regarding what Andy says about it being a red tail then I guess that could be due to the light/exposure or indeed a red tail so I'd have to leave that with you guys to discuss.

Interesting all the same.

Attachments

• which.jpg
    which.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 27
  • which too.jpg
    which too.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 28
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back