• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I bet you've seen nothing like this before ;) (1 Viewer)

Amazing Chris!.....seeing is believing, you couldn't make it up! Perhaps the avian equivalent of "dancing on ones grave", albeit somewhat prematurely. :eek!:

Crikey!!!

What a sighting to have under your belt!!! You've got to laugh at that Wheatear too, haven't you.

Thanks so much Chris.

Immature Sparrowhawk? Both failed to kill prey immediately and to subsequently avoid obstacle.

Wheatear definitely looks triumphant, and deservedly so!

John

amazing. Looks like the wheatear is about to stick the boot in.....talk about hitting whilst down. Certainly one to brag about down the pub..... can just hear it now "and then I said to him come on then hawk-boy if you think you're 'ard enough. Don't yo' be givin' me non of that raptor stuff we have peregrines for breakfast up on them moors"

Mind you it would have had a shock if the sprawk had come round while it was still stood there.8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back