• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Video: Hummingbirds of Ecuador. (1 Viewer)

Plugging my own work here. I'm fairly certain people here will enjoy it.
This is about 3 years worth of footage that I took in my old back yard in Ecuador. I've combined it with some royalty free music, my own voice over and managed to cut it down to 13 minutes with a little editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdWA-9FuPY

Best watched on a big screen with nice audio, enjoy :).

Critiques welcome!

Subscribe. :)

Hey,

these are real nice shots!!!
Also nice, "not-boring" voice by the way ;) (I hate hearing myself speaking)
How did you film that flower? Did you fix it?
3 years... I wishes I had the time to stay with these birds are get real good shot.
Just came back from 2 week-trip from Ecuador.
I had the luck to spend (only) hours in Mindo and Tena filmling Humming-Birds,
which was quite hard (focus issues... filming hand held...)

sorry for double post, but if you are interested in the footage I was able to get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3zXqtG-EMs

Last edited:
Thanks, lots of cuts on the voice over. I hate hearing my own voice too.

The flower timelapse was done in boxes with bluescreen and artificial lighting. one frame every 10 minutes. Necessary to isolate it from bugs, wind and lighting changes.

As for the hummingbirds, usually 2 cameras. one wide lens one tele/macro then just film a flower for about 4 hours then go through the footage later. one time out of 5 I would get a hummingbird.
Sensors were canon eos m with magic lantern for video and modified batteries.
I usually aimed for 1/90 shutter to get the wings to look right.

You have got some nice photos there! Mindo was the other side of the range for us, many different hummingbirds.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back