• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

uk id (1 Viewer)

capdegat

ids please .
1 unfortunately found on beach - Guillimot ?
2 linnit ?
3 rock pipit ?

Attachments

• 018_0107.jpg
    018_0107.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 018_0129.jpg
    018_0129.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 018_0137.jpg
    018_0137.jpg
    931.8 KB · Views: 98
I am sure on the Guillimot(Murre).

As I am learning my European birds for an upcoming trip, I 'd wait for another confirmation or correction by others on 2 and 3... but my thinking is a Twite and a Tree Pipit.

I am sure on the Guillimot(Murre).

As I am learning my European birds for an upcoming trip, I 'd wait for another confirmation or correction by others on 2 and 3... but my thinking is a Twite and a Tree Pipit.

For the purpose of education

Inter alia...

...Twite would be warmer toned and show a paler, yellow or at least yellowish, bill.

...Tree Pipit would show a stronger bill and have much finer flank streaking.

Although we don't have a location for these (maybe Lincolnshire?) both would be far scarcer in most of the UK this time of year, and quite habitat/site specific (or at least much more so than Linnet & Meadow Pipit).

Hope you have a great trip!

For the purpose of education

Inter alia...

...Twite would be warmer toned and show a paler, yellow or at least yellowish, bill.

...Tree Pipit would show a stronger bill and have much finer flank streaking.

Although we don't have a location for these (maybe Lincolnshire?) both would be far scarcer in most of the UK this time of year, and quite habitat/site specific (or at least much more so than Linnet & Meadow Pipit).

Hope you have a great trip!

Ditto; additionally, Tree Pipit is only a summer visitor in Britain, typically arrives in late April (can be slightly earlier in the south, but not mid/late March).

Thx for the lesson JWN Andrewes and Nutcracker... much appreciated.

Back to studying the Pipits, Larks, Finches and Warblers...good thing I will be on a guided tour. But I know where to ask if I have questions...|:D|

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back