• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last 3 ticks whats yours? (2 Viewers)

My last three ticks are three birds from reed beds... the funny thing is they all were seen in different days and at different locations within two weeks!!! :eek!: All from Spain:

- Grasshopper Warbler (Locustella naevia)
- Savi's Warbler (Locustella luscinioides)
- Bearded Tit (Panurus biarmicus)

as I stared this, I had better update mine....
Latest life birds:

Garden Warbler
2 Yellow Wagtail
female Whinchat

best of all, they are all on my local patches

Such a relief today. Somehow, I'd managed to go the whole year without seeing a Yellow Wagtail. So ridiculous. Still, today I watched loads of them at WWT Slimbridge.

Yellow Wagtails have been on my mind for months... finally I can tick them for the year.

Very little travel means that new ticks are far and few between for me. My last three (all in Costa Rica) were:
Spot-fronted Swift (April, 2009)
Least Storm Petrel (Nov, 2008)
Chuck wills Widow (Nov, 2008)

World List

Pacific Wren ("armchair tick") Washington, USA
Eurasian Wren ("armchair tick") London, England
White-backed Woodpecker, Beijing, China, 2009

I like my last three ticks very much: New Caledonian imperial pigeon, kagu, and crow honeyeater. I was very happy.

Last three birds for the year so far were all also in New Caledonia but more mundane: nankeen night heron, chestnut-breasted munia, and zebra dove (the latter two are introduced birds in New Caledonia)

Not travelling abroad means it's getting hard to add birds, but I still have quite a few european birds to tick. Last three are Iceland Gull, Rosy Starling and Sociable Lapwing, all of them in Spain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back