• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collecting: Anyone know of a good retailer/ seller? (1 Viewer)

SpectralAves

GRHE Lover!
Bird Collectables: Anyone know of a good retailer/ seller?

Recently, I've started collecting various bird-related items from all the different places I visit. Usually these items consist of gift shop toys/ figures or displays like framed paintings and various other small (and sometimes cheap) nic-nacs. As much as I love collecting these things, most of them are average, and I'de love to purchase a dynamic, more striking piece to stand out on my desk or shelf.

Does anyone know of a good retailer or site that sells (relatively) inexpensive collectibles? I already know of a few, like Lenox, that sells porcelain statues (and I already have two of them), but I've done so much searching for affordable pieces, and turned up almost nothing else...

Also, I apologize if I put this post in the wrong place. This just seemed like a more appropriate place to me XD .

Last edited:
I used to know a guy called Ray Turley, sadly he passed away about 5 years ago.
He lived in Kent (UK) and birdied mainly at Dungeness but I met him on Scilly.
He used to make really beautifully sculpted pottery birds, often perched on real wooden branches for realism.
I always promised myself that I would invest in some of his work if I had the chance.
I still occasionally search t'internet for Ray's work but never find anything.

If any of his work made it to the states it would be worth searching out.

Good Luck with your search

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back