• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Creating a website, help? (1 Viewer)

Hi,
Can anyone tell me who has viewed my blog, whether they use Internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox as i am having some difficulty with the layout of text and images, as on Firefox i place the text exactly below the images (if it doesn't show up like this on anyone with Firefox, please can you tell me), but when this is viewed on explorer, it comes out totally different with a huge gap between the images and the text.

Any comments or feedback would be great,

Thanks.

Good work Nick, some nice shots in it! :t:
I found though that there's a huge gap between sections/entry, I tested using IE 7
Cheers,
Max

Thanks. I've got a problem now. If i put the images and text perfectly together on Firefox, it comes out with a large gap on Explorer. What do i do?

nick i've just joined blog spot.how did you get your web address under your posts i have tried but it don't come up when i post replys.
website is dave123wildlifeblog.blogspot.com

A the top right of the screen there is a thing called, "User Control Panel", click on this, then once a new screen opens, click on, "Signature" and whatever you put in this appears under your posts.

Hope this helps.

You could try Piczo, this is a free site. I have used it in the past. The more hits you get, you earn more space.
I have noticed some people criticisng the quality of some of Nicks photos. Try reading his profile, he is 15 yo and we all started somewhere, so give the guy a break. Most of his Newt shots are better than mine and his macro shots are great.

keep up the good work.

Good job so far Nick!

I have looked at the pages in Firefox and IE 6. Looking at the page source, there are 65 line breaks between the image and the text start ('BR' HTML tags). Firefox seems to ignore these whereas IE doesn't causing the huge gaps. I don't know why they are there and don't have a blogspot account so can't see how you edit your posts or what may cause it. I think you need to solve this though, because you will be surprised how many people use IE (over 40% of visitors to sites I am involved with).

Another thought about page length, there should be a setting somewhere on your account that says how many posts to display on a page. Setting this to 5 or so will mean the page is smaller and faster to load and you will get "more posts" type links at the bottom of the page to navigate further.

So (sorry for all the questions), can anyone tell me how i might be able to set up my blog so that the text comes under the pictures on Explorer and Firefox, as at the moment when i place the text directly under the pictures on explorer, the text comes up at the side on Firefox. Or if i put the text directly under the pictures on Firefox, then the text on explorer comes lines (quite a few) below the pictures.

Thanks.

So (sorry for all the questions), can anyone tell me how i might be able to set up my blog so that the text comes under the pictures on Explorer and Firefox, as at the moment when i place the text directly under the pictures on explorer, the text comes up at the side on Firefox. Or if i put the text directly under the pictures on Firefox, then the text on explorer comes lines (quite a few) below the pictures.

Thanks.

What layout are you using when you add the picture? I can not see any problems when I add pictures to a blog (I created an account to try and help).

Do you drag the images in the edit box? If the text is beside the image do you use Enter to get the text below? If yes, this might be the answer.

As I mentioned before, there were a lot of line breaks (<BR /> HTML tags) between the image and the text. If you click on the "Edit HTML" tab you should be able to see them. If you delete them, this should fix your problem...we then just need to find out why they are getting there!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back