• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DVD-RAM problem (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martin

Hello.

I am using a Panasonic DVD/HDD recorder to make DVD recordings which I then watch on the computer. I have started using RAM discs as these are supposed to be better for repeated recordings and can fast copy from the HDD more easily.
I have bought an external LG DVD RE-Writer which, like most of the others I checked, is DVD-RAM compatable.
When I play the recordings back on the computer using the PowerDVD program which came with the Re-Writer, only audio is reproduced, NO video.
All other formats play O/K but not RAM. The recordings play O/K on the Panasonic unit.
When the disc content is checked on the computer there are 3 files. An Info file; a Mpeg file, which plays the audio when clicked and a large Video file, which nothing on my computer will associate with.
Any ideas please?

Anthony

Hi
Not sure if this will help but there's something about 'finalising' dvd's when recording on my Panasonic, and this is to do with playing the dvd on other players
Cheers
Tony

Hi
Not sure if this will help but there's something about 'finalising' dvd's when recording on my Panasonic, and this is to do with playing the dvd on other players
Cheers
Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony. Like you I have read about finalising some DVDs but RAM and +RW don't have to be finalised to play on other equipment, indeed RAM discs cannot be finalised.

Thanks again

Anthony

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back