• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

East Hills, Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Pitta Patter

In the countless times I have been to Norfolk over the years I have never made it here. Is it easy to get to? Presumably I have to be very mindful of the tides?

There are two routes out on foot - one is shorter than the other and involves crossing a creek containing deep mud and quick sand. The second is longer and slightly safer, but also involves crossing a muddy creek as well as a small estuary. I think most people would advise against trying to make your own way out there unless somebody is willing to show you the way out there - that was how I learnt the routes. Both are dependant upon crossing the creeks at the low point of the tide.
A safer third option would be the charter operating out of WNTS harbour, which will take you out and drop you off for a fee - a service which in my opinion has totally ruined the place, with hooray Henry's crawling all over the dunes having a spot of luncheon.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your quick reply Daniel. It certainly was very helpful. As I came ill prepared this week with no chest waders or even wellies;) and without the budget to charter a boat, I will give it a miss. Maybe one of these days...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back