• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stopping down with modified diaphragm (1 Viewer)

Here's a photo showing mine mounted onto the end of the 2" GSO barlow (glass taken out) which I use as my extension tube.

Paul.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 128
Shock !

No wonder i couldnt see how this worked.
All through the thread, it appeared that it was inside the focuser tube, not the extension tubes.

Just read the whole thread again, and in 1 post, you mention its in your ext. tubes, and must of missed it

Last edited:
The extension tube shown in the photo is the one I put into the scope so in essence, the bit with the diaphragm blades is well up inside the focuser. I can also unscrew the black part from the chrome barrel and seeing as it's also 2" it will happily sit up inside the focuser without needing to be joined to the extension tube.

Paul.

:smoke:

I just took things at face value i'm afraid. Inside the focuser tube to me meant somehow it was fixed IN the focuser tube. Thats why i couldnt work out how the aperture could be changed

:smoke:

I just took things at face value i'm afraid. Inside the focuser tube to me meant somehow it was fixed IN the focuser tube. Thats why i couldnt work out how the aperture could be changed

o:D 8-P

You can still do it. Place a short tube up the focuser shaft so that it would stay there as a stop. Then you can insert disc of various size to sit on the stopper.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back