• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Natural England issues licence to destroy buzzard eggs & nests to protect pheasants (1 Viewer)

Immediately sent an email to the MP listed.

Only last weekend I was driving to / from Wales and noticed the lack of Buzzards, a situation that has been noted on another thread in Birdforum, so is this just one of many licences issued. I think it goes a lot deeper.

Also and as I pointed out in my message it makes a total mockery of attempt to prevent the illegal killing of Hen Harriers and Golden Eagles etc when Game keepers say their game birds are being killed by said raptors. Same argument I think.

I hope lots of people write to request / demand the licence to be revoked

e-mail sent. Text as follows:

It is disgraceful that the Government is conniving at the illegal persecution of birds of prey by granting licences to destroy Buzzard nests.

The RSPB will have my support in any action it chooses to take against such Government support for the minority of the population dissatisfied any obstacle to its rape of the nation's natural heritage in pursuit of its prehistoric hobby.

I have no objection to pheasant shooting per se but it must be in the context that pheasant shooting is an imposition on the natural world and Buzzards are not.

I expect the Minister for the Environment to protect the environment from the selfish excesses of the rich, not to assist them.

You should be ashamed.

Last edited:
R Benyon sacked today

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

David

Well, we might enjoy it but let's not pretend it will change this government's attitudes. It will remain anti-conservation, anti-public sector, anti-social welfare; pro landowners, and any other "good chums" from school. Love it or loath it that's the UK. How long before there are no hen harriers resident in England?

Well, we might enjoy it but let's not pretend it will change this government's attitudes. It will remain anti-conservation, anti-public sector, anti-social welfare; pro landowners, and any other "good chums" from school. Love it or loath it that's the UK. How long before there are no hen harriers resident in England?

Tend to agree but good to see the demise of one w----r.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back