• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Great Day in the Pyrenees - 2017 (3 Viewers)

Come on, Rosbifs, your public is waiting for your 2018 news!

There has been a bit of a gap! I promise I will start up again.

Some quick highlights are, touch wood, all three 'local' pairs of Lammergeier are on eggs and probably at the point of hatching! Gavarnie has moved, metres away from the previous nest, Luz has moved about 5km. Arrens pair have failed. They couldn't get off the nest for about a week because of the weather.

Driving up to the ski resort on Tuesday and one adult bird came over the road at tree top height then dropped over the car and below the road level - I'd like to think he looked at me before disappearing over Sazos village - fantastic.

Other news is that the Eagle Owl seems to be in the same place although the male (?) has proved elusive. The Scops was in full voice last night. I really need to narrow down the nest this year. We don't want a repeat of a couple of years ago!

Black Kites have fully returned. As have Egyptian Vultures, must go and look for the 'locals' - set reminder. First Short Toed Eagles arriving.

Things are hotting up!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back