• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor ID (1 Viewer)

markyb2

Mark
Please help ID this raptor pictured in Hampshire at the weekend. Tail looks a bit odd to me. Thanks

Attachments

• North Baddesley Bog 2nd July 2006 034b.jpg
    North Baddesley Bog 2nd July 2006 034b.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 194
With a deeply forked tail like that it should be a Red Kite.
Graham

Oops! I had a feeling I was overreaching myself here. But I also manged to miss all the interim posts.

Last edited:
..but it ain't a fork, it's a missing central tail feather I believe. Photos can be confusing, can't they!

In my defense I can only say that I'm getting married tomorrow so I'm a bit preoccupied. I did think of adding that the bird had the appearance of a smaller bird (honest!) but on second thought I decided I was probably being over suspicious.
Graham

macswede

congratulations

let me get this this right your getting married tomorrow and your spending your last of freedom on bird forum! god i thought i was sad!lol

sonic said:
macswede

congratulations

let me get this this right your getting married tomorrow and your spending your last of freedom on bird forum! god i thought i was sad!lol

Yeah, well the wife-to-be's putting the finishing touches to her wedding dress and I'm sitting up in solidarity without that much to do. I've had a few glasses of wine but I think I'd prefer not to be hungover in the church tomorrow. Should be a good party afterwards though and then were off to the Azores on our honeymoon. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back