• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Diopter adjustment with and without glasses? (1 Viewer)

J2neuby

I appreciate the view through my binos best without my glasses; however, to walk around or survey the area, I pretty much need my glasses.

My question is: would I need to adjust my diopter as I switch back and forth between glasses and no-glasses? If so, that'd be too cumbersome and I'll sadly stick to viewing with glasses on.

I think this is the case, since each lens of the glasses have different diopters based on one's needs... I think...

Thoughts?

Hello J2neuby,

Yes, adjustment when switching is necessary, unless each eye's correction were the same.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

If you keep your glasses on, as I do, and you can't see the full field of view, you should consider getting a binocular with longer eye-relief. If you are bothered by light coming in from the sides (since the eyecups don't extend to your face when wearing glasses), you will benefit from a hat with a good brim, which can block much of that.

--AP

Yes you would need to adjust not only the dioptre but the eyecups. Moving from naked eyes to wearing glasses with your binos is a bind its true, but stick with it, you soon get used to it and wearing your glasses will give you a clearer view. Whatever you have spent on your binos you want to get the most out of them don't you? Wearing your glasses will allow you do this.

Lee

Hmm, the hat suggestion may be spot on. I couldn't quite articulate what the issue was, but I do believe it is the extra light coming in from the sides. Thanks!

Get a baseball hat with a long brim. You can turn the hat's brim toward the direction of the sun to block any glare it may be causing.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back