Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Kowa BDII-XD - september 2019

Old Yesterday, 19:04   #51
Swedpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz1973 View Post
I had a look through the 6.5 at Birdfair, and the ER was sufficient to give me full FOV with my eye glasses.

Quote:
Me too.

Lee
Thanks for reply. I am looking forward to try it!
Old Yesterday, 20:21   #52
dwatsonbirder
Mostly off the radar

Does anybody know when the release date will be? I'd be interested in trying a pair as a lighter alternative to my 7x42's. I wonder if Kowa would loan me a pair for a prolonged field test in November...

@axbridge_birder
Old Yesterday, 21:13   #53
Gilmore Girl
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatsonbirder View Post
Does anybody know when the release date will be? I'd be interested in trying a pair as a lighter alternative to my 7x42's. I wonder if Kowa would loan me a pair for a prolonged field test in November...
Oct. 1st is what Kowa US told me, but maybe sooner for Europe (?)

BF Supporter 2013 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Yesterday, 23:55   #54
[email protected]

The new Kowa BD II XD's will have a AFOV of 65 degrees which is great for a 6.5x but don't forget the Nikon 8x30 EII has an AFOV of 70.4 degrees and the Nikon 7x50 WX has an AFOV of 74.9 degrees. The Kowa will have the advantage of better DOF and ease of holding the lower magnification steady though. It should be an interesting binocular.

Last edited by [email protected] : Today at 00:22.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: