• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdforum hijacked on iPhone? (1 Viewer)

gandytron

In the last 3-4 days,when I log onto BF the page partially loads but then the page redirects to an advertising page and then switches to the AppStore.

Is anybody else having this problem?

It is not happening on any other websites, or on my laptop. All BF web pages seem to be susceptible.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave
That happened on my phone (Samsung s4) a few months back. It constantly redirected to advertising but not to App store. It just stopped doing that after a while and I don't know what the problem was.
I'd be very interested in any other replies you get too. It only happened when I checked BF.
All the best
Tom

Maybe a coincidence, but the only time I have ever had any problem with BF redirecting was in Thailand - on ipad, it almost constantly flicked off to undesirable sites. Never happened anywhere else, before or since my trip.

Just had the same thing, for third time in last few months. Device(kindle) is clean. Never happened on notebook, laptop or Tesco Hudl(Android).
Always from BF
Russ

Ive had it on laptop (windows and IOS) and iPad. However we found out we had a DNS changer virus which had affected our router. Once the router was reset there were no more problems.

Thanks for these replies.

I has still been happening today - both using 3G and wifi (so it is not a router issue).

Guess I will update my software and see if that fixes anything.

This is a remarkably annoying problem!

I just downloaded a new web browser (Mercury) and the same problem occurs.

Makes me think this is not a problem with my phone, but with my ISP?

Seriously, check your router. Once one if my devices has used the affected settings, it continued to send us to spam websites even on 3G. For safety I did a full reset of the phone and iPad, reset the router and everything was fine, until the router became affected again. Apparently it's a well known issue with the model I have since the producer ceased producing them and updating their firmware.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back