• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not much to go on, South Florida (1 Viewer)

merryslug

I'm trying NOT to irritate people here by asking about every little bird I find. I'm getting better at IDs, but still have a longggg way to go, so...

I was in AD Barnes Park in Miami yesterday and got these shots that I can't pinpoint for sure. I know at the time there were these around:

Yellow throated Warblers
Black and White Warblers
Nothern Parulas
Red Eyed Vireos

Can anyone help me with these cruddy and/or non-descript photos, so I can put a name to them?

Any and all help is appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0987a.JPG
    IMG_0987a.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0993a.JPG
    IMG_0993a.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1000.JPG
    IMG_1000.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 95
I should add that I thought #1 was a Yellow-throated Warbler, but the hint of more yellow above the beak is throwing me off.

1--Yellow-throated Warbler (yellow-lored type)
2--not sure--perhaps another YTW that has color blocked by odd lighting
3-5--Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

Best,
Jim

Last edited:
SQUEE!!

Thanks J. I know Gnatcatchers and the like are supposedly "common," but as a beginning birder I can't say I've ever seen one, so I'm quite excited :)

SQUEE!!

Thanks J. I know Gnatcatchers and the like are supposedly "common," but as a beginning birder I can't say I've ever seen one, so I'm quite excited :)

You're welcome. Congrats on the lifer! And don't worry about asking too many ID questions--that's what we're here for!

Cheers,
Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back