• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anagrams (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
Here you go.

There is a loose common theme.

I'll call back when I can to see how you're doing.

1. POOL GEEKS
2. NICER OUTLOOK ETC.
3. RUE DRAB GIG
4. CRUSTACEAN TACOS
5. GRANT THEIR BORDER
6. MEGALOMANIAC PONDERING FEN RULE
7. TOWED ABSORBENT MOP
8. ATTRACTIVE PURPLE NUN
9. ACROBAT DETERS HORDE
10. PREFER PLAYBACK CHART
11. WARPLANE FIREBALL
12. TRIBAL REVELER WOE
13. REV. BARRY GILDS FIRS
14. REND A BREW... ZINFANDEL!
15. RIFE UNTRUTH
16. SHUN HARD OBJECTS
17. WELL PROVEN DAMAGE
18. KEN'S CERAMIC RECORDS
19. ACROBAT DAMNS GEEKS
20. PILFERER DECLARES COW

Enjoy!

How about Kelp Goose to get things started?

And Budgerigar for No.3.

(I'm not sure of any possible connection, though.)

Last edited:
11. Plain Leaf Warbler

(Had to look that up to make sure it existed - blinkin' Asian warblers, all alike.... it really helps when there's a familial name that you can pull out first.)

....like "flycatcher"

10. Paperbark Flycatcher

(Had to look that one up, too. It's a split from Restless, how long has that been in place?)

(Ahh, I think I see a theme emerging here - birds from far-off places I've never been.... :flyaway:)

9. Rose-throated Becard

(Wish I could take credit for that, but it was actually Ms. P.C., a non-BF member, who figured it out.)

13. Fly River Grassbird

Really wondering about the theme now... first, thought it was just "birds of the southern hemisphere", but #12 and #9 don't fit in any case.

After figuring out this one, I started thinking "element of vegetation in name", but doesn't work for #3. Mind, looking up an article on Budgies, I see that it has "Warbling Grass Parrot" as an alternate name...

13. Fly River Grassbird

Really wondering about the theme now... first, thought it was just "birds of the southern hemisphere", but #12 and #9 don't fit in any case.

After figuring out this one, I started thinking "element of vegetation in name", but doesn't work for #3. Mind, looking up an article on Budgies, I see that it has "Warbling Grass Parrot" as an alternate name...

You got the theme... take a closer look at BUDgerigar... and accept my apologies!

One could get a bit picky about whether 'kelp' is actually a plant...

But I won't.

True, it ain't one. Wouldn't want to get into a fight over whether "vegetation" connotes only "plants" though...

The wife got a few more this evening (I helped out a bit):

6. Cinnamon-rumped Foliage-gleaner
15. Fruit-hunter
20. Scaled Flowerpiercer

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back