• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mrs Hume's Pheasant Watercolour (1 Viewer)

Thank you so much, Buzzard12, John and Nick|=)|I really appreciate your kind words.
Here's another painting in the same category, a Beautiful Nuthatch with some orchids. I first saw this wonderful nuthatch almost 10 years ago in Nan Province, Thailand and then several times more at Eaglenest WS in Arunachal Pradesh, India.

Attachments

• img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 47
Wonderful Spoonies! I had the privelege of seeing the species at Pak Thale in Feb 2010. If you trawl back two years you might find my sketches. Hope springs eternal for birds like these!

Russ

love the nuthatch - a totally beautiful bird and a beautifully decorative picture that it's living in.

Thanks a lot, Matt, Lykos and Cindy! :)

Thanks, Hor Kee. Nice to find you here in BirdForum too.
Hope you find the pheasant soon. When is your next trip to Thailand?:-O

Thank you so much, RussB. Your comment is really interesting and I really appreciate that! I'm still new at painting this kind of bird with environment sort of pic, and I'll definitely practice more.

Few days ago, I had my first attempt to paint birds in the water. Personally, I thought I would have failed this one, since the reflection is pretty messed up. I did, however, put a lot of mud lumps on it and it actually looked a bit better.:-O

I intentionally painted the Spoon-billed Sandpipers in juvenile plumage, just to give more hope about this seriously endangered species.

Edted: I forgot to tell that the plant in this pic is Herbaceous Seepweed (Suaeda maritima), a kind of plant that is abundant in coastal area and salt pans in the Gulf of Thailand where Spoon-billed Sandpipers can be found every winter. This plant changes its colour from green to yellow, orange, red and violet during dry season (winter).

that's a really nice take on the Spoonies- something in the eyes and expression is perfect + adding in juveniles and some colour is a fine touch

Wonderful work here! I have been away from the forum for too long, and just found this thread. Glad I found it and looked through it - and hoping to see more later!

Been away from Birdforum for a while, thanks a lot everyone for your really kind compliments!

Here's another painting I made recently, a Deignan's Babbler (the one on the left) and 2 Rufous-fronted Babblers with Parrot Impatiens (Impatiens psittacina) in the background. The story about the Deignan's Babbler can be read here. Hope you like it!

Attachments

• img003-1.jpg
    img003-1.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 46
  • img003-2.jpg
    img003-2.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 29
  • img003-3.jpg
    img003-3.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 91
  • img003-4.jpg
    img003-4.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 32
Another painting that I made for my friend. A pair of Red-crowned Cranes among the summer marsh of Hokkaido with blooming Daylilies.

Attachments

• img001-1.jpg
    img001-1.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 34
  • img001-2.jpg
    img001-2.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 29
Been away from Birdforum for a while, thanks a lot everyone for your really kind compliments!

Here's another painting I made recently, a Deignan's Babbler (the one on the left) and 2 Rufous-fronted Babblers with Parrot Impatiens (Impatiens psittacina) in the background. The story about the Deignan's Babbler can be read here. Hope you like it!

I love the Babblers and the accompanying blog post. This is by far my favorite so far, a wonderful combination of color, composition and observation. The choice of appropriate habitat really adds something!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back