• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

At last, my new favourite bird. (1 Viewer)

clydeboy

Being both new and a "garden" birdwatcher my new news isn't as exciting as most however I was on a high all day yesterday, and promised to share any new garden tick pics.
Anyway, after an hour parked at the back door yesterday a solitary Long tailed tit arrived on my strategically placed nutbag while I was taking more Bullfinch shots, as he had come down on to the branches nearer the house for once.
I did it again and got overexcited, instead of waiting for the perfect shot, I rattled off as many shots as I could while awaiting the expected family party to arrive, which didn't.
I was delighted though as among the shots were one or two "goodies" and I think the "fluffy" has taken over from the Bullfinch as my new favourite bird.
I think it was about 3 or 4 weeks ago that I nearly got my proof pic, and since then It had become my own personal crusade, which has been greeted with hoots of derision and jibing within the household.........bloody Philestines.
I also spotted my first Heron the other day while at work.
I was in conversation with 2 colleagues when I saw this big "bird" flying towards us, and to be honest it saved me from a bit of embarassment, as I was paying no attention whatsoever to what was being said as I was transfixed, and just at the silent point when someone had obviously asked me a question, The Heron let out this enormous KRAAAAAAAAAANK, which caused the other two to turn around and enquire as to what the hell THAT was. Saved, by a Heron.....brilliant.
Anyway, here's a couple of pics from yesterday. :t:

Attachments

• IMG_0048close.jpg
    IMG_0048close.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 69
  • bullfinch 04-01-09.jpg
    bullfinch 04-01-09.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0048closered.jpg
    IMG_0048closered.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 65
Long-tailed tits. Gotta love them. They're one of my favourites too.

They are brilliant, I only got a fleeting glimpse of 5/6 of them about a month or so ago and I have been addicted since, gotta be the cutest wee bird on the go, even my daughter wants one.........I think it is the pink factor..lol

One of these days I'm going to find/make time to go out and "bird" properly, I'm trying to talk my son into joining me.

Nice! Am not jealous at all of bullfinches and long-tails...

...well, maybe a little! Have seen Long-tails just around the corner so am hoping for a visit from them. If I'm really lucky the Goldcrests I've seen in the neighbourhood might call in too. Just a shame it's dark when I'm at home during the week so I can't see what's coming in.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back