• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sat nav with speed cam warnings!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about deleting the whole thread and moving on, a lot of emotions here, unless someone can convince me to leave it , it will go !

Tanny, I think you have overstepped the Mark

I have only read this page and can gather too much vitriol appears to have been vented and sorry to say I agree with Steve re Tanny's remarks.

Christine would probably never have believed that this would have occured from her initial posting.

(now I better read all of this thread before someone accuses me of jumping to conclusions!)

Well I have now all this thread and I think it probably belongs in the "dustbin" ....deleted and gone for good.

Glad Christine got some help with the correct sat nav for her.

Last edited:
I use a Garmin Nuvi and it's fine for getting you where you want to be and nagging the living daylights out of you if you're speeding anywhere where there are speed cameras, fixed and mobile.

Why on Earth is everyone flaming the bejesus out of each other over a simple request for a Sat Nav?

Last edited:
I fully agree with you Steve about shutting down a thread when it becomes outspoken, but first, (as we are indeed classed as a democratic country), you should let each of us explain why we feel so strongly about the writings of certain members before doing so. My objections are directed to members who felt it was their right to lecture Christine rather than answer her request. Christine is a personal friend of mine and I know she is one of the most honest, sweetest and most considerate person, and I think she would be very upset at the attitude of those who lectured her about keeping to the speed limit, as if they have never gone over the speed limit themselves.
My contribution to this thread was to solely defend my friend whom I know doesn’t have a mean streak in her. It is times like this when I regret the law against defending a woman’s honour by duelling. I personally do not consider I have overstepped the mark; I was just speaking my mind and defend my friends, which is my right if by the same context certain people have the right to be rude and lecture others.
Tanny

I personally do not consider I have overstepped the mark; I was just speaking my mind and defend my friends, which is my right if by the same context certain people have the right to be rude and lecture others. Tanny

Close it down, Steve. If Tanny doesn't understand that flinging around comments like "….. smart-arse creeps … self appointed saint …. You’re a pathetic moron sonny …. insults from ignoramuses ….. unintelligent, inconsiderate people …. I don’t think he’s man enough …. " isn't overstepping the mark then he/she has a pretty poor grasp of the nicities of civilised discussion.

I have striven to keep a polite tone to my contributions and am offended that Tanny seems so far removed from a similar approach that he/she doesn't feel inclined to apologise for such intemperate language. Apart from anything else a moment's consideration reveals that such comments lose arguments, not win them,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back