• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Birdpod - 31st January, 2009 - What're your favourite birds?" (1 Viewer)

Chewbaxter

Reformed "Bird Ignorer"!
Birdpod - "What're your favourite birds?" Have your say

Yep - for then next Podcast (31st Jan/01st Feb) - share your favourite birds - what do you like about them and why?

For me - Blackbird is my most favourite - I think they're real characters and just love each sound they utter, from the beautiful song, to the chittering sound of a 'scolding' to the 'swee' warning signal... great birds and such characters.

Also Robin - plucky, cocky, brave, beautifum and tuneful.

"Feral" Pigeon - hard done to but determined, unpeturbed and a true 'stayer' - plus love the call they make!

Grey Heron - a true sportsavian... look at the determination... the poise and then the strike as they go for their prey... I can watch them for hours!

Mute Swan - just love them! So trusting to take bread from your hand and so unbelievably graceful in flight! Landing's another matter though that won't win 10/10 for presentation!

Mallard - what can I say? The 'clown' of the bird world... I just think they're great to see and hear and I can't help but smile - especially when the "Fa-Kwa-Kwaa-KWAAAA!" calls start!

Black-headed Gulls - always regarded as 'scavengers' by most - but these birds are quick at swooping for stray bits of bread that the ducks miss - I always throw some to them too - it looks frenzied, but they're great to see... and when they're riding on the thermals - how graceful.

SO there's me done folks - what are your faves?

Neil.

P.S. link for the "Birdpod" site - www.birdpod.webs.com

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back