• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Summer - Birds and flowers ? (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello,

how is about bird watching in summer ?
Is there good chances for alpine birds ?
Which places are recommended for bird watching and wild flowers ?

How is about bird life outside mountains, which places are interesting ?

Which kind of birds are in Slowenia, which are usualy not in Central Europe ?

Best regards
Dieter

Hi,
Beginning of August I spent a week holiday around Triglav National Park. Not specifically birding, but hiking most of the time. I did not see any bird that you could not find elsewhere in the mountains in Europe, bit still I had a nice selection of alpine birds, including Golden Eagle, Raven, Red-billed Cough, Nutcracker, Dipper, Black Grouse, Ring Ouzel, Black Woodpecker, Wheatear ...
Phantastic Flowers, especially at the higher elevations, here some pics (don't ask me for the names)
Florian

Attachments

• IMG_3305.JPG
    IMG_3305.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3504.JPG
    IMG_3504.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3508.JPG
    IMG_3508.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3526.JPG
    IMG_3526.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3653.JPG
    IMG_3653.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 108
Helllo Dalat,

thank You for the nice information.

The
1. we called Akelei ( Aquilegia alpina )
2. I do not know
3. to small to define
4. some kind of Gentiana ( I need view from the top )
5. some kind of Zygaena
http://www.schmetterlinge-bayern-bw...openmethod_ag=_blank&resultpage=arten-galerie

On the pass south of Kranska Gora ( very scenic landscape ) I saw abou 100 Citrin Finches.

The top flower time in Alps is middle of June to middle of July.
Flower mountain of Slowenia is Crna Prst.

But one top visiter time of Slowenia is October because the colored leaves. There are lots of beech until 1.300 m altitude.

You are sure about Red-billed Chough, there are rather in western Alps, but also in the south of Europe like Greece.
I never saw them in Europe.

Best regards
Dieter

Last edited:
Yes, of course you are right, it was Alpendohle with a yellow bill. How could I get those mixed up ? :eek!:

Florian

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back