• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Alaska (1 Viewer)

songwoman

A quick hello from Soldotna, Alaska. We have a variety of birds in Alaska. I spend a lot of time taking pictures of bald eagles and shore birds. I also have a feeder that attracts some interesting birds from time to time. I'm looking forward to sharing a part of my world with everyone. I use a Kodak PZ850 and most of the pictures from my feeder are done through my living room window.
Pam

Hi Pam, a warm welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site. Don't hesitate to join in where-ever you wish, and we'd love to see some of your photos in the gallery.
regards,
Andy

Hello Pam,
Welcome from the opposite side of the globe. You will probably be looking at some of the migrant shore birds that left here a few weeks ago. Say G'day to them for me. I miss them when they leave.

Hi Pam,
Welcome. My wife and I have booked our first trip to Alaska in mid-August this year. I certainly hope to see some Bald Eagles (this is the bird that first got me interested in Digiscoping ). We'll be flying into Anchorage and spending time in Seward,Denali,Fairbanks. Neil.

Enjoy your visit!!

Neil said:
Hi Pam,
Welcome. My wife and I have booked our first trip to Alaska in mid-August this year. I certainly hope to see some Bald Eagles (this is the bird that first got me interested in Digiscoping ). We'll be flying into Anchorage and spending time in Seward,Denali,Fairbanks. Neil.

Hi Neil,
I'm sure you and your wife will thoroughly enjoy your trip up here. The eagles are here year round but are a lot easier to find and photograph in the winter. They seem to congregate in certain areas where finding food is easier. But they are always visible here. They love fish so are really happy while salmon are running!

Pam

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back