• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PLEASE HELP. I found a baby sparrow (1 Viewer)

Resurie

I found a baby sparrow today. It fell off a high nest in my backyard. I checked it and didn't find any visible injuries, but I'm affr itaid might have internal injuries because I found it in my dog's mouth...

I put it in a shoe box in a little nest with straw and leaves that I made.

I don't know what to feed it. I just gave it a few drops of water, but I have no idea about its food. Please help me!

I need to know what to feed it and how often, the ideal temperature and any advice that you could give me, please!

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3405.JPG
    IMG_3405.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Best course of action:
Do what you can to get it back in the nest and kep it warm, if not put in an open topped box filled with what you have done and get it safely to as close as you can to the nest. If the parents dont find it within say 5 hours contact a wildlife rehabilitator, get a pic so we can ID it to davise on food and keep warm and hydrated and give it to the wildlife rehabilitator :t:

It is impossible to get it back to the nest as it's very high and impossible to climb up there.
I can't leave it in the box in my backyard either because I have a dog.
And even worse, there are no wildlife rehabilitator here so I have no one to call for help.

Please tell me what to feed it and how. I've just given it water until now.

Perhaps a ladder? And try to get it as high a you can as that is the best course of action to help the bird- even if it means keeping your dog from the area as that is where it will have the best chance. Maybe hang it in a tree etc.
I can't advice on food as I don't known te species- but bugs are best.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back