• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the winners of the August 2008 theme challenge - Birds in Flight (1 Viewer)

IanF

The theme this month was 'Birds in Flight'

From 73 very good entries 30 were selected for inclusion in the voting booth for members to select their favourite entry. 118 members cast their vote.

Voting was again pretty close for most of the way through but in the last few days one entry edged a little ahead of the rest of the field.

First place goes to

tom melton with Leucistic red kite which attracted 13/118 votes.

Second place -

johnnyoxygen with feeding whitethroat which attracted 10/118 votes.

Third place was a tie both attracting 9/118 votes.

Chris Kotze with Drongo

Nikon Kid with Concorde Nose Down Landing Gear Down

Congratulations to the winners

The entries will remain in place a few days before being moved to their respective forums.

Some great images well done to everyone who entered especially Tom, Johnny, Chris and the Nikon Kid with a Cannon :)

Very well done to everyone, in particular the winners, was certainly a close run thing with a lot of excellent entries. The quality of these monthly competitions would put a lot of prize winning one's to shame!

I forgot to enter and realised my mistake too late! I'm so :C at myself.

Well done all of you - especially Johnny 'cos I know him!

There were some really brilliant photos this month - was very difficult to choose just one.
What clever folk you are......

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back