• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not BB (1 Viewer)

Tim Allwood said:
true Michael

when i finish my OBC editing stint i will have time on my hands and am seriously thinking about doing something along the same lines but it will have to be top quality and like Not BB will rely to a degree on contributions from birders .... Anyone who might be interested in helping out bear it in mind.... and start thinking of funny stuff!

I would have thought a trawl though ruffled feathers would be a good start, some brilliant stuff there.

Mick

NOT BB - relocated

Had a bit of discussion re Not BB lately, reactivating this thread after I posted that I'd put Vol I online. (then, comes the 9 Feb crash and suddently, as rare things will, most messages vanished)
Some people seemed happy about my putting I online, so I've just added much of Vol II - not yet complete, but bear with me: don't have computer files. (In time, hope to finish II, and move on to III-V; in time.)

Lest you're interested, links here:

NOT BB

Cheers,
Martin

Last edited:
Brilliant! Not sure I get it all (being a wee nipper) but got the jist of most of it. Looked at vol. II as well which I hadn't seen before. I think I get the RPS Bored letter about wintering Sabine's Gull: is it meant to be by a particular person that still to this day writes unecessarily aggressive letters about seabirds? Spurnuda Triangle was awesome as well! Thanks Martin,

Tom

Hi Tom:

Glad a "wee nipper" can enjoy Not BB, so long after originally appeared.
Encourages me to keep on with finishing III, then text for IV and V - once my web host has recovered from major crash (fingers crossed). [Minutes after posting this, checked, and back online - phew; after 24hrs or more absence]
Not sure re seabird letters lately; but there was some correspondence between one person suggesting winter Sabine's Gull records in UK wrong [based partly on records in US as I recall]; another saying he'd seen them. Tis, tisn't; tis, tisn't ... went the letters, in rather entertaining fashion for the rest of us, till correspondence closed.

Cheers,
Martin

Last edited:
Thanks for putting them up, just read the first one (one at a time) and still funny despite not having birded seriously for long. Look forward to the rest.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back