• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 x Teleconverter (1 Viewer)

MartArt

Hi

I,ve just joined the Bird Forum I found it while I was looking for a review on the Sigma 2 x Teleconverter has any one used one of these?

Hi MartArt,

I haven't used one, but on behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome aboard :t:

Hopefully someone will be along soon who can assist.

Hi MartArt,
I previously used one when I had a Nikon film camera- both with Nikon & Sigma lenses. Make sure you get the Ex series convertor which is of robust build & uses apochromatic glass. There is little chromatic aberrance or distortion with it & I found it to be a good robust quality piece of kit when used with decent lenses.

I have it and as with any 2.0x TCon you lose some sharpness. Nevertheless, it is of very good quality and can be recommended.

PM me if you are looking to buy one as I am selling my Canon 300mm f4 IS L and its Sigma 2.0x TCon (selling both separately or together!) I only use my 1.4x with my 100-400mm L.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back