• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Books about birdwatching in bulgaria. (1 Viewer)

iant

I've been invited to stay with a friend who lives near Burgas in Bulgaria in a few weeks time. I plan to spend a few days out of the holiday birdwatching so I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books on bulgarian/eastern european birds (field guides etc)?

thanks!
iant

Hi Ian

I would recommend Petar Iankov's 'Where to Watch Birds in Bulgaria'. It includes plenty of good information about a number of good sites in the Burgas area. The Collins Bird Guide (Mullarney, Svenssen, Zetterstrom & Grant) would be my choice of field guide.

Have a nice trip

Graham

Hi Ian,

We went to Bulgaria last year and found Petar Iankov's book very helpful. We also had the Gosney guide which was also useful. Hope you have a great time.

thanks Graham, thanks Kiki!
The book by Petar Iankov looks ideal. amazon has a second hand copy for £194.07. hmmm... i think i'll see if i can get it a bit cheaper elsewhere :)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back