• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1D MkIII too cheap??? (1 Viewer)

Tim Taylor

work in progress
Looking on that big auction site this morning, there is one seller advertising 20 of these at £1,450 + £50 postage from HK. 1 yr Canon USA warranty. Seller has 100% feedback. There's another seller is selling 9 from HK at £1,300 and £70 postage. Does all this relate to the 'sub-mirror fault' or are they scammers? I guess it's likely that Canon might not fix these under warranty in the UK so perhaps that's the reason.

Tim

You can ask for the serial numbers from the seller. There is a service bulletin on the Canon website that lists the serial number ranges that are affected by this problem.

there's that old saying - 'if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is'... I'd be very suspicious at that price.

Fortunately I have no intention of changing my camera at present, I was just astonished by how low the price had dropped.

There are some very strange scams going on on that auction site. I understand that a current favourite game is to hijack the account of someone with 100% feedback and run your scam from their account. Someone selling a Canon 500mm f4.5 lens recently wanted direct bank transfer to his Indonesian account, no warranty and the item was to be sent from Indonesia. The price was dirt cheap - it went for £203 I think in the end.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back