• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cover Artwork - Quid Pro Quo? (1 Viewer)

John Cantelo

Hi all bird artists out there!

For my (many) sins I've recently taken over the editorship of my county's ornithological newsletter (Kent UK). As such I'm always on the look out for a nice colour illustration for the cover, but, since I much prefer good artwork to photos, sourcing them is sometimes problematical. Various Kent artists have been very helpful, but I don't want to trespass too much on their good nature!

When I've got hold of suitable artwork I always fully credit the artist and add their details within the newsletter (either as an advert or a short paragraph about forthcoming exhibitions etc) - hence the title of the thread! (Any b&w line drawings would welcome too, but, as they're not such a problem to obtain, would only merit an acknowledgement). I can't pay you or promise it'll mean you get any sales, but you will get what is essentially a free advert and somewhere to 'showcase' your work to bring it to a wider 'birdy' audience

So if you're interested in providing such artwork please contact me via BF (or directly if you have the details),

John

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back