• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (1 Viewer)

Can't stand fireworks either Poor Madge she seems settled now though
She is absolutely beautiful on the HD TV screen at LofL centre Ranger said cos she came over fast from Africa her plummage has not been weathered

Not bad for a bird 23+ eh ?

elf

she's not bad at all. Have you followed her before? If not you are in for a treat. She is so gentle with her chicks. There are some video clips on BFTV with her last year.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Ann

Hi
thought I would tell everyone I was along at Loch of Lowes 2 hours ago and indeed it is Homer and he arrived 9am this morning and indeed they mated
Elf

Damn I tried to convince the better half to go to LOfL this morning but I had to settle for a walk myself at Baron's Haugh that was great but...

i like Baron's Haugh .....still looking out for the otter...ive seen kingfisher..and my sister and i are of to see osprey on 1st may cant wait...

she's not bad at all. Have you followed her before? If not you are in for a treat. She is so gentle with her chicks. There are some video clips on BFTV with her last year.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Ann

Thanks for the welcome you will all have to excuse my mistakes as I am new to forums never done this before although I am good on computers otherwise
I have never followed Marge before but knew about the Ospreys at LofL for years and know of lots others but with the webcam I am totally hooked and first thing I do in morning now is check what's going on
Also very lucky as stay 30 mins away from LofL Centre

Elf

Last edited:
More from LotL Diary. They must be so pleased this morning.

29 March 2009

The original male returned at 9.40 am! The male and female have already mated so we will be expecting the eggs in about ten days.

24 March 2009

Maintenance on one of the cameras yesterday meant that the female left her nest for several hours but now she is back and working hard on the nest. She has spent the morning lining her nest with moss and grasses to make it nice and cosy for when she finally lays her eggs. The male has not arrived from his travels yet but hopefully we will see him soon.

Thanks for the welcome you will all have to excuse my mistakes as I am new to forums never done this before although I am good on computers otherwise
I have never followed Marge before but knew about the Ospreys at LofL for years and know of lots others but with the webcam I am totally hooked and first thing I do in morning now is check what's going on
Also very lucky as stay 30 mins away from LofL Centre

Elf

Yep we are both lucky. I'm in Edinburgh so its not that far really to get there. used to fish in butterstone in my youth and actually seen an osprey catch a trout from right in front of me. An image I will take to my grave. It was the early 80's so don't know which bird it was. I love this pair though. He's a slow starter to begin with but soon the fish come fast and faster. Marge as i call her is also a great big huge NAG LOL. You'll hear plenty from her. Have you looked at the TV section. just search Loch of the lowes and you'll find clips of last year. At one point there were 4 ospreys trying to get on the nest. Marge bravely covered her chick and all was well in the end but It brought tears to my eyes when i watched it live. i was shouting at my screen and was so scared because I thought little Bart(etta) was gonna get killed by 2 intruders.

i like Baron's Haugh .....still looking out for the otter...ive seen kingfisher..and my sister and i are of to see osprey on 1st may cant wait...

Love the place as long as you include a stroll in Dalziel estate for the nuthatches. I have yet to see otter but if I had been earlier on Sunday they say... Is it your first visit up there? If so you will really enjoy it. We have been going now for about 4 years and have really enjoyed watching it being developed by SWT. I do hope it does not get quite as commercial as Loch Garten though.

Last edited:
first time

Love the place as long as you include a stroll in Dalziel estate for the nuthatches. I have yet to see otter but if I had been earlier on Sunday they say... Is it your first visit up there? If so you will really enjoy it. We have been going now for about 4 years and have really enjoyed watching it being developed by SWT. I do hope it does not get quite as commercial as Loch Garten though.

Yea it my sister :girl: and i :gh: first time visiting loch of the lowes ..We are camping 3 nights lets hope its still not to cold lol......Its our first time camping on our own....Should be funny if anything...Really looking forward to it :bounce: ...Roll on May cant wait to see the ospreys.... :t:

Yea it my sister :girl: and i :gh: first time visiting loch of the lowes ..We are camping 3 nights lets hope its still not to cold lol......Its our first time camping on our own....Should be funny if anything...Really looking forward to it :bounce: ...Roll on May cant wait to see the ospreys.... :t:

Hi Vivien.

It is camping weather in the north of Scotland today.Blue skies,sunshine and warm.Might get a little chilly,through the night all the same.Hopefully,it stays that way for your trip.Good Luck.

I bet he's wishing he found another bird LOL. She's done nothng but peep peep peep peep for ages and ages!! What a NAG. LOL

Yeah peep peep peep is all you hear but think the prob is he's no bringing her the fish or have a missed somthing

Elf

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back