• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In flight Id (1 Viewer)

markyb2

Mark
I am pretty much a beginner so go easy on me if this is a basic ID!!

Recently took this photo on hols in Croatia - nine birds enjoying the thermals.

I'm rubbish in distinguishing between crows and buzzards from this sort of shot.

Everything in this pic suggests a crow but have never seen them using thermals like this before.

Thanks

Mark

Attachments

• Croatia June 2007 1322a.jpg
    Croatia June 2007 1322a.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 147
Yes I climbed to about 1400m above sea-level and they were riding high on thermals way above that.

I never seen a Chough before in the wild so I'm now well chuffed!

Cheers guys.

Ah,Biokovo's a bit further south. Pleasant hike (unless it's July and you start out any later than 4.00 am), isn't it?

Last edited:
Absolutley fantastic - I was mainly photographing butterflies but other wildlife was great too - e.g. red backed shrike, chamois, mountain hare etc.

Will definately go again - will bring better shoes next time though, could barely walk for 2 days afterwards!!!

I am in vacation in the alps, and the other day i was in alpine and saw alpine choughs. the birds in the photo look exactly like the ones i saw. the ones i saw were quite tame.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back