• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ospreys - Loch Garten (1 Viewer)

Nothing much happening at LG lately.Everytime I look at the eyrie EJ is not to be seen.She could however,be sitting in the branches under the eyrie.Just as worrying,is the Blog has not been updated for a while.Come on Henry,lets get back.

There is a dead tree beside the nest tree that she likes to perch and feed on , there is a remote camera on it but it's not online, which is a pity as it gives some great pics.
I was watching her first thing this morning and she is waiting patiently

Nothing much happening at LG lately.Everytime I look at the eyrie EJ is not to be seen.She could however,be sitting in the branches under the eyrie.Just as worrying,is the Blog has not been updated for a while.Come on Henry,lets get back.

At least no sign of Orange VS. Looks like there may be a chance of a successful nest this year.

Henry came back:

2004 April 4
2005 April 25
2006 April 10
2007 April 22

So maybe tomorrow?

Thanks Tiger,

I had got the dates wrong way round for 2006 and 2007, darn it that means I will have to wait longer for Henry. I thought it was 2006 when he got covered in all the oil which delayed him more so I had changed my dates round. Third time lucky and he gets back this week.

Thanks Stew,

It is good to know Madam (EJ) is still there sitting waiting patiently. I work mornings but my mind is always on these two birds. thank you for keeping me posted.

Ann :egghead::flyaway:
The Osprey Godmother

I am going up to Loch Garten w/c 3 May, and yesterday I rang the place where I will be staying. She said that there has been terrible weather up there including snow-blocked roads. This might account for the lack of diary updates.

Another bird has just joined EJ and mated with her, who could it be. I do hope its Henry I couldn't make out whether he had a ring.

Hi Christine,

I looked at the Photobucket link, that male wasn't Henry and if you saw orange that is bad news, unless Henry gets back tomorrow it does look as if we are in for another fiasco this year. When will he learn to get back sooner?I reckon he likes the warmth in Africa too much and I don't blame him at the moment I think it is colder this week than last.

Ann :-C:egghead:
The Osprey Godmother

Hi Christine,

I looked at the Photobucket link, that male wasn't Henry and if you saw orange that is bad news, unless Henry gets back tomorrow it does look as if we are in for another fiasco this year. When will he learn to get back sooner?I reckon he likes the warmth in Africa too much and I don't blame him at the moment I think it is colder this week than last.

Ann :-C:egghead:
The Osprey Godmother

It is definitely Orange VS. They have not updated the blog.

Yes I saw the mating as well. Is anyone having the same problem as me? ie the video feed keeps freezing... seems to have coincided with their switch of software over the last couple of days? I'm new to the Loch Garten cam and new to this site too. So, hi everybody!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back