• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Win Opticron Binoculars answer two questions! (1 Viewer)

Awwwww may have left this too late!

Cley spy at Glandford, the binocular/scope shopping centre of the universe!

Always loads to play with at their farmland shop, with a no hassle to buy atmosphere and staff that actually know what they are talking about!

Matt

We await the prize drawings by Steve and his team but in the meantime here are some comments and list compiled from the responses.

Overall, the range of products offered was the most important criteria. This was the case when looking across all countries but also was the top criteria for US members only and for EU members only.

Customer service was the second most important and again consistently so for all members wherever they live.

Overall, a knowledgable supplier was the third most important criteria. But US members put price third. EU members said knowledge and location were both more important than price.

Overall responses (most important first):

Selection Of Products Available
Customer Service
Knowledge Of Staff
Price
Location/Facilities
Returns Policy
Special Offers
Other (where the profits go, family run etc)
Website Ease Of Use
Free Shipping

The top ten mentioned dealers were:

Cley Spy
B&H Photo Video
Clifton Cameras
Ebay
CameraLand NY
Optics Planet
Birders Store
CMBO
sportsoptics.com
Uttings

I have attached some charts showing a summary of the data.

Thanks again to all that took part.

Cheers, Pete

Attachments

• BF Survey All Countries 0618.jpg
    BF Survey All Countries 0618.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 47
  • BF Survey EU Only 0618.jpg
    BF Survey EU Only 0618.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 37
  • BF Survey US Only 0618.jpg
    BF Survey US Only 0618.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 32
Just been notified by the admin team that the winners are:

EU winner is member LesR
US/Canada winner is member lgguy

Congrats to both!

I will PM them to arrange delivery of their prizes.

Thanks once again for your entries.

A very big Thank You to Pete Gamby, Opticron and the Birdforum admin team as the EU winner in the Opticron prize draw. I'm now looking forward to choosing some Opticron products to compliment my 8 x 32 Verano HD and 10 x 42 DBA Oasis S-Coat binoculars. I think I might be updating my 10 x 42 with the 10 x 42 Imagic BGA VHD.

Les.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back