• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 50D delayed shutter release (1 Viewer)

TWM

I don't know if it is something I have done but when I press the button to take a photo there is at least a 2 second delay before the shutter actuates.
The timer delay is not selected--any ideas?

Given that the timer delay is not selected it might be an idea to reset your camera to factory settings and see if this cures what might be a little glitch. If that fails then it seems it will have to go in for repair...unless someone later comes up with a cure.

Good luck.

Just a thought..... you don't have Silent mode selected by accident do you? This delays all the mirror resets etc. and might be what you are hearing.

It is definitely not taking a photo when I press the button.
I've gone back to the factory settings and it is just as bad.
Sod's Law the Rock Thrush appeared today and getting pics was not good---press the button and wait and wait, try again and get a pic.
Anybody recommend a good Canon repairer?

It sounds to me like you've engaged mirror lockup so you only get one shot for every two presses of the shutter.

Do you have a grip fitted and is the main control dial of the grip caught at a point in between clicks?

Have you also cleared your custom settings, they don't automatically change when you reset to factory mode.
Does sound a strange one and I would have also said either the timer or mirror lock up, live view causes the same thing too

I had a very good quote from the company below for a repair to a lens, I can't say to what standard they work to as I'm due to send to them over the next few days after being on holiday.
1st Aid Repairs.
Unit 3, Decimus Park,
Kingstanding way,
Tunbridge Wells,
Kent. TN2 3GP.
www.1staidrepairs.co.uk

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back