• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Drawings from Catherine Hamilton (1 Viewer)

Thank you!

I am now working on sketches for a logo - for the CT Young Birders Club (go youth birding), and am posting the development on my blog. Here are the first two sittings, and I'll update as I work on these this week.

Digital drawing, btw, using a tablet and stylus. It's really fun!

Cheers,
C

Attachments

• BLBW_01a.jpg
    BLBW_01a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 58
  • BLBW_01b.jpg
    BLBW_01b.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for looking, and I'm grateful to be a part of this forum!

It's all new to me, so I am trying to figure out how to make it "mine" somehow. I did a digital drawing once before, and when it became apparent that yes, you can draw freehand in photoshop and make your drawing look um, like a photo, I wasn't sure how to proceed from there.

I'll attach both the old digital drawing (grebe drawing on left, photo on right) and the next sitting of the Blackburnians. Still fun, I'll see how it goes...

Attachments

• grebes.jpg
    grebes.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 78
  • BLBW_01c.jpg
    BLBW_01c.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 55
Love these! Been a follower of your blog for awhile, so it's a treat to come across some of your work here.

It's a very pleasant surprise to see digital tools used to create something that looks so much like a sketch as in the Blackburnians.

Thank you Ken - I don't mind digital work, but I *love* paper and the kinds of marks that are made on it. No point in copying a photo for me.

And hello Jo! It's very nice to meet you here. I just had a long troll through your thread - fantastic sketches!

Love the Blackburnians Catherine.

Using a digital tablet takes some getting used to but after a while you wonder how you ever used a mouse! What I tend to find though is that you spend time with a digidrawing trying to make it look and feel like a traditional pencil drawing and then you wonder why?! It has definite advantages for illustration work as nothing is lost in scanning etc. and it's less messy but it still doesn't feel quite 'natural'.

Mike

Hi Catherine,

it's good to see another newby. So I'm not the "youngest" anymore O;-)

Besides, I love your birds!

Ulrike O:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back