• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Jamaica (1 Viewer)

hullyjr

Hi,

I would appreciate any recent information on places to stay close to birding sites as well as good local guides for finding birds like the blackbird etc. I plan on birding Rocklands, Cockpit Country, Marshall's Pen, Black River Morass, and various spots in the Blue Mtns. I have tried twice to email Ann Sutton at Marshall's Pen but without any response (any advice?). If I cannot reach Ann I will stay in Mandeville to do the western part of the island. I was thinking of the Starlight Chalet & Health Spa for the Blue Mtns but have heard mixed reports. I'm bringing a non birder so the places need to be decent and reasonably priced.

Note that I have all the online trip reports.

Cheers

Jim Hully
Salisbury, MA
USA
[email protected]

I have never been to Jamaica, but I heard that the sites in Cockpit Country are well described in the reports. Try also to look at http://www.cockpitcountry.com/ -- you can even use the link provided to contact someone with local knowledge. The people behind the web site is involved in bird ringing/banding among other things.

HTH
Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back