• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Filter kit question (1 Viewer)

deborahp

I ordered a teleconverter and three filters (Hoya circular polarizer, Hoya UV, and Tiffen 2x ND) individually from Adorama, and as sometimes happens, one of the salesmen phoned to sell me more filters in the form of a Tiffen kit (enhancing, 812 warming, circular polarizing, & UV) plus the 2x ND instead.

After thoroughly botching up my invoice several times, he got it back to my original order, until today. It was shipped without the Hoya circular polarizer, which shows as backordered on the invoice, and he phoned to substitute either a Tiffen or B&W (and refused to answer on when the Hoya would be in).

I told him to cancel all the individual filters and send the Hoya Nature Kit instead (UV, circular polarizer, 81A warming, 4x ND) and he said "NO, I just told you we don't have the Hoya polarizer". This sounds fishy to me, these kits are sold all over the place and I find it hard to believe Hoya really expects retail distributors to break open sealed individual filter packages and reassemble these kits with larger pouches and boxes themselves.

Has anyone ever ordered a Hoya kit and if so, did it look like it was packed by Hoya, or put together piecemeal, or could you tell? BTW, I let him ship the Tiffen instead of waiting an indeterminate time for the Hoya, and regret it already; high-pressure salesmen often manage to get me off track if I even listen to them instead of repeating NO, NO, NO! |:mad:|

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back