• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Videoscoping with Panasonic GH3 (1 Viewer)

Neil

The weather has not been good since I got the GH3 but I was able to shoot on the scope today out of the window of my flat. I wanted to see how the various video slow motion and fast motion options turned out.
This video shows the effects from normal to slow to fast -
https://vimeo.com/86674996
Neil

Panasonic GH3 + Panasonic 20/1.7 Lens and Swarovski STX 95 mm Scope
and DCB 11 adapter

Hong Kong,
China
Feb 2014

The weather has not been good since I got the GH3 but I was able to shoot on the scope today out of the window of my flat. I wanted to see how the various video slow motion and fast motion options turned out.
This video shows the effects from normal to slow to fast -
https://vimeo.com/86674996
Neil

Panasonic GH3 + Panasonic 20/1.7 Lens and Swarovski STX 95 mm Scope
and DCB 11 adapter

Hong Kong,
China
Feb 2014

Hi Neil,
Nice to see this thread. Got my Swaro ATX95 a month ago and will pick up a GH3 in a couple of weeks, though will use the TLS adaptor. Look forward to seeing more video here. Test looks quite good, what are your thoughts on the GH3 in the field?

Hi Neil,
Nice to see this thread. Got my Swaro ATX95 a month ago and will pick up a GH3 in a couple of weeks, though will use the TLS adaptor. Look forward to seeing more video here. Test looks quite good, what are your thoughts on the GH3 in the field?

It's a great camera in the hand and works very well with the lenses I have for it - 20mm, 14-45 mm and 100-300 mm. I'm very impressed with the video results. It's nice to have the option of several Custom modes so I can set it up to quickly switch to the ETC Mode ( electronic teleconverter) which I use a lot for video.
It's a little heavy on the scope so will need a balance rail to get good balance.
Have fun.
Neil.

It's a great camera in the hand and works very well with the lenses I have for it - 20mm, 14-45 mm and 100-300 mm. I'm very impressed with the video results. It's nice to have the option of several Custom modes so I can set it up to quickly switch to the ETC Mode ( electronic teleconverter) which I use a lot for video.
It's a little heavy on the scope so will need a balance rail to get good balance.
Have fun.
Neil.

Just found out at the photo dealer about the shortly to be released GH4

4k video, think I might wait...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back