• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendations for a couple of days in late March (1 Viewer)

Surrey_Ed

I am spending some time in Morocco (flying to/from Marrakech) at the very end of March, and have been tussling between 4 options as to what I should do in a couple of spare days I have. Any suggestions or recommendations would be very welcome. Please note I am already visiting the Oukaimeden area in my visit.

1. Sidi Yahya des Zaer and Lac Sidi Bourhaba for Double-spurred Francolin and Marsh Owl.

2. Ouarzazate and environs for desert species.

3. Sous Valley for romantic, near-impossible stab at Dark Chanting Goshawk.

4. Oualidia area for Andalucian Hemipode.

At present, the first seems the most appealing. I will visit the deserts for a much longer period of time, in the future, so perhaps don't need to go that south/east this time. Regarding option 4, I am not sure the Hemipode's are back on territory by my dates (last days of March).

Anyway, any advice would be warmly received.

Seasons greetings to all.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back