• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HummerToons . . . (1 Viewer)

Frankj

On the other forum I used to frequent, I occasionally posted what came to be call a "HummerToon". Just thought for my first post in this forum I'd try out one of my personal favorites . . .

PerkyPet96ouncer.jpg

Hey, Frank! Great to see you on BirdForum. Hope everyone here enjoys your HummerToons as much as we all did "you know where."

One more thing: I highly recommend browsing Frank's photo gallery - you won't believe some of the shots he's gotten or the numbers of birds around his feeders.

Last edited:
Thanks Sherri . . .

Tz'unun said:
Hey, Frank! Great to see you on BirdForum. Hope everyone here enjoys your HummerToons as much as we all did "you know where."
. . . coming from you that really means something!

36_1_32v.gif

Hi Frankj, just browsed your photo gallery - great - looks at times as if you've got hundreds there feeding, coming, going, squabbling....
Bluetit

Welcome Frank

Hi Frank,

Great to see you over here. Did you quit the GW forum?

Frank definitely has more hummingbirds in one day than I have in a month (or maybe year :)

Tzunun, hated to see you leave the GW forum,but I understand your concerns. I posted two messages about you leaving and both got deleted; in one I posted the URL of this forum :)

For those who may not know,Tzunun is the author of two books on hummingbirds;and,many other articles and books dealing with other birds.

A Field Guide to Hummingbirds of North America (Peterson Field Guide Series®, January 2002)

Attracting and Feeding Hummingbirds (T.F.H. Publications, March 2000)

Cheers,

Bob in Ky.

Wow Frank, your photo gallery is truly amazing. What a stunning array of hummers you have! I can't imagine the noise from that many hummers in one place. :)

Tz'unun said:
One more thing: I highly recommend browsing Frank's photo gallery - you won't believe some of the shots he's gotten or the numbers of birds around his feeders.

Frank,
I'm glad i'm not going to miss your hummertunes. This is a good thing! I love it here. As I still use a dialup, this forum loads so quickly ,and they give you so many options. Where have I been!

Hi Frank,
I love those hummertoons. I also love your awesome photo gallery. Your gallery is just beautiful. I never saw so many happy hummers!

Chris

Hi, Bob, Oubliette, and birdleggs - it's great to have so many of the gang reunited here at BF. Bob, I'm particularly glad to have an opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your efforts to let our friends over at GW know what happened, even at the risk of calling down the wrath of the new dictatorship on yourself. I agree with birdleggs - this is a wonderful thing!

Well, I'm here, too. This forum has generally been rather quiet. I think you will find that there's less of the "oh, they're so darling" type of commentary here -- which is all to the good as far as I'm concerned. We need you guys to liven things up, and you all know the drill on feeder cleaning & fresh nectar, etc., so you can help out the newbies.

The hand of censorship has fallen heavily at GW. Every post intended to let the others know what was going on was deleted, even Frank's "Where'd everybody go?" hummertoon, which was funny. But, we're here and it's a new day. Tz'unun, I was glad to see you over in one of the Ivory-bill threads. Wish I were at the AOU meeting this morning.

Heya guys & gals. Good to see some familiar faces here. I guess I'll be stopping in over here more often now that alot of peep's have moved from GW.

Frank, keep those hummertoons comin - we love em! I was surprised that your "Embedded advertising" toon/post got yanked. Guess the PTB got a little miffed at that one. LOL. ;)

BTW, to show you the difference between my place and Frank's (he's 40 miles away and 4000 ft higher), this morning I saw -- brace yourselves -- five hummingbirds at once. That's the most I've seen this year. All Anna's.

Frank,

Super pictures, very glad you found BF and are willing to share your birds with us.

Know it would be tough to do, but what do you think is the most Hummers you have seen at one time? In your MorningFrenzy2 I think I counted 42??

What kind of equipment are you using?

Thanks again

Ciao

Dick

Love your hummertoons Frank! The funny thing is I joined this forum last fall to learn about photography and forgot that I had until I joined again yesterday. Sarah

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back