• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

British List (1 Viewer)

shrikebirder

:-CHow do you see all those birds!? I've seen (only) 143 diff. species, where as most of the other people on BF have loads more! Oh, well, you're probably all stringers anyway! (joke):-O

I have a mac!

Well that's it for you then I'm afraid. 8-P

My life list is 115 which I am quite happy about. I have lots of time to see more birds.... there's no rush (unless you are close to your life expectancy?).

But more seriously, you can either chase sightings, or try to generate your own sightings by getting to the right habitats at the right (or even wrong) time of year. It might help to target particular birds that you haven't yet seen, at least to tick off the less scarce species.

The more birds in more situations that you see, the less you have left to see... so less to look forward too!

True.

When you put it that way, I guess 143 isn't that bad. I still have some really common birds that I haven,t seen, though! (yellow wag, ruddy duck, smew ect.)

When you put it that way, I guess 143 isn't that bad. I still have some really common birds that I haven,t seen, though! (yellow wag, ruddy duck, smew ect.)

It also depends how long you've been birding and where you actually go birding. Regarding Ruddy Duck, you want to hurry up before they're all shot.

I wouldn't describe Smew as a really common bird but one was reported as showing at Wraysbury Gravel Pits, South London, today. This is also a good area for Ring-necked Parakeet if you need that species.

Good luck.

Dave W

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back