• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FOV Minox hg 8x43 (1 Viewer)

squidge

Wha Whassssat
Was out today and whilst watching a pair of Buzzards soaring a Kestrel came into view hovering in the background whilst in the foreground a Sparrowhawk being mobbed by about 10 to 12 swallows flew from left to right. All this in the fov of the Minox. I was really pleased with this not only had I three BOP in my view I didnt have to focus back or forward to get a clear image which is a good Dof in my book. Ger.

That sounds like quite an eyeful Ger. Lucky you to witness such a superb raptor fest. I have to say it is great to have my HGs back again after their repair. They really are very fine binoculars.

Ron

Yes it was excellent alright, Hoping to get to a park nearby where they have released a pair of red kites in the last couple of days. So four bop in two days not bad considering a few years back you were lucky if you saw one in a whole year.
I have to say I'm delighted with the Minox especially the build as I'm not the gentlest with equipment and I think you could drive a truck over them and they would still be in one piece (I will not be trying this experiment;)) It makes my need or want for a pair of the top brands less wanting. I just bring them out look through them and I'm content. Ger.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back